Are you adding enough Vitamin C foods to your daily diet? In case you are not, destiny has landed you at the right place. Because we have the list of some vitamin C packed edibles for you. So that your skin and your immune system remain healthy and safe during these pandemic times.
Vitamin C, a.k.a ascorbic acid, works wonders in boosting the immune system. More than that, it is highly instrumental in preventing infections, cancer & combating various diseases. Further, it is also the secret mantra to your glowing skin because of its anti-aging properties.
Because of its antioxidant attributes, vitamin C is needed by our teeth, bones, immune function, heart health, and small blood vessels.
But our bodies are not able to store or produce vitamin C. Therefore, it is crucial for all ages to consider vitamin C sources on a regular basis.
Here is the list of the fruits that have Vitamin C for you to decorate on your plate. Eat the colors of mother earth and stay fit.
List of Vitamin C Fruits
- Orange: It is one of the common citrus fruits rich in Vitamin C available in the market, particularly at the onset of winter months. These highly nutritious tangy flavored fruits filled with nutrients are highly beneficial for our health. 100g of orange contains 53 mg of Vitamin C.
You can enjoy these vibrant colored fruits just the way you prefer. Peel it and have it whole, or squeeze it and enjoy it as a drink.
- Kiwi- Available more than 240 days a year, kiwis are perfect fruits full of vitamin C. they are grown in different parts of the world in different months. It is available in Arunachal Pradesh in India. Kiwis give off fiber as well as vitamin C and help keep the heart healthy.
- Guava- These highly nutrient summer delight tops among the fruits that contain Vitamin C. As a matter of fact, one guava contains enough amount of ascorbic acid equivalent to two oranges.
Enriched with a sufficient amount of nutrients, these oval-shaped fruits help to give a perfect glow to your skin because of their higher antioxidant properties.
- Strawberry- Your daily cereal topping has the power to keep your immunity intact. Every day, a few pieces of this miraculous fruit can actually work like a dream. This irresistible juicy red fruit forms an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- Papaya- One cup of papaya contains 87 mg of Vitamin C. This sweet and delicious fruit native to Mexico & Central America is ladened with an exceptional amount of ascorbic acid.
- Banana- This easily accessible fruit has a respectable quantity of Vitamin C. Surprisingly, to your expectation, a normal size banana supplies you 10% of ascorbic acid.
- Mango- The most popular fruit of summer can be a great source of Vitamin C. It contains more than 35 mg of it in 100g.
- Cantaloupe- This variety of melon provides 30 mg of Vitamin C in 100g. This is one of the low-calorie foods rich in Vitamin C.
- Pineapple- When it comes to Vitamin C supplements, this tropical delight is a thing to consider for. You can enjoy whichever way you want- a glass of fresh pineapple juice or a slice of it sprinkled with black salt. Sounds delicious, isn’t it?
List of vegetables that are rich in Vitamin C:
- Bell Pepper- What? Never thought they were nutritious? These green, yellow, and red vegetables are a delight not only to our eyes but also to our immunity.
It is one of the richest vitamin C vegetables, with 341 mg in each.
- Potato- A single potato contains 72 mg vitamin C. Its daily consumption can keep one’s immunity intact.
- Broccoli- With its green and beautiful curls, broccoli comes packed with vitamin C to help boost our immunity. It contains 89 mg of vitamin C per 100g. So a few pieces to go with your salad every day can make you healthy for life.
- Summer Squash- When it comes to enjoying the hot season, mangoes, lemonade, and cool pools aren’t always the thing.
These fruits of the hot season are excellent options to replenish your vitamin C, which is 17 mg per 100 g.
- Leafy Greens- Isn’t that a cool name? The leafy greens are the vegetables we love like spinach, cabbage, turnip greens, etc. These are filled with vitamin C, 34% of our daily recommended amount. So, go ahead, get yourself some joyful greens.
- Cauliflower- Fry it, put it in a soup or eat it raw with your salad, this floret will provide 40 mg of Vitamin C along with fiber and vitamin k.
- Kale- Kale is a superb source of Vitamin C that goes with your salad or juice just fine.
Why adding a sufficient amount of foods that contain Vitamin C is vital for your well-being?
Ascorbic acid or Vitamin C forms an essential health supplement. Broadly known for its immunity-boosting properties, it comes with other various beneficial functions for the body.
Although C Vitamin is best known for distancing Scurvy away, let me summarize its other health benefits in detail.
- Loaded with antioxidants- The antioxidant properties in Vitamin C are helpful in checking cell damages generated by free radicals. Our body tends to produce free radicals in its response to environmental and other pressures.
These free radicals need to be flushed out from our body; otherwise, it results into stress. Further, it damages cells and body function. To this end, antioxidants come as a savior by neutralizing free radicals in our bodies.
- Packed with antimicrobial properties- Widely known for curing infections resulting from bacteria, it inhibits pathogenic bacteria. As a result of its antibacterial properties, Vitamin C is inherently applicable. For instance, in topical antibacterial usages, curing urinary tract infections, etc.
- Aids in collagen formation- Ever wondered why fruits and veggies with Vitamin C look so appetizing? Because they are absolutely perfect for beautiful and glowing skin. That is to say, Vitamin C helps in accumulating collagen protein synthesis that helps repair damaged skin.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health- The appropriate amount of Vitamin C helps narrow the risk of heart disease. By all means, it reduces the risk of heart ailing factors. And that includes High Blood Levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides,
- The perfect medicine for beautiful skin- If you are browsing for the recipe for flawless skin, consider Vitamin C in your diet regimen. First, it helps to fight skin damages caused by UV rays exposure.
Also Read: Importance of Vitamin D
Next, it improves skin texture working against acne. Further, it also reduces melanin secretion, which causes skin darkening. Lastly, it aids in collagen production- the protein that influences healthy skin, bones & the body.
- How can I increase my vitamin C?
You can increase the vitamin C content in your daily diet by adding fruits and vegetables like tomatoes, broccoli, squashes, and mangoes to your meal regularly.
- What are the best sources of Vitamin C?
Some of the natural best sources of Vitamin C are kiwi, oranges, broccoli, lemon, etc.
- Are bananas rich in vitamin C?
Bananas can provide more than 30% of an adult’s daily recommended dose.
- How can I get vitamin C naturally?
Vitamin C can naturally be obtained from lemon, strawberry, oranges, broccoli, and more.