The Department of Surgical Oncology is equipped to perform all major cancer surgeries and associated reconstructions. The department has full time, qualified and experienced cancer surgeons who are trained to deal with all organ site surgeries related to oncology. The department has been carrying out wide and complex range of cancer surgeries and offers the following range of procedures to its patients
- All major head and neck resections including skull base surgeries, laryngeal conservative surgeries and microvascular reconstructions.
- Breast cancer surgeries including conservative breast surgery, sentinel node biopsies, mammographic needle localizations and breast reconstructive procedures.
- Thoracic oncology surgeries including all major lung resections and three field oesophagectomies.
- Gastrointestinal cancer surgeries including sphincter preserving surgeries for rectal cancers and laparoscopic surgeries.
- Hepatobiliary cancer surgeries including pancreatic and liver resections.
- Genitourinary cancer surgeries including endoscopic procedures and continent urinary diversions.
- Limb preservation surgeries for extremity sarcomas.
- Full range of gynaecological oncology procedures.
- Supportive oncology surgeries like venous access, cheomoport placement, tracheostomies and biopsies.
- Full range of fibreoptic and rigid endoscopies.
- Fully equipped stainless steel operation theatres
- Round the clock intensive care and blood bank facilities.
- Facilities for upper GI scopy, colonoscopy, ERCP, Bronchoscopy and cystoscopy.
- Facilities for Laparoscopic surgery.
- Facilities for comprehensive rehabilitation.
- Stay facilities include wards, twin sharing rooms, single rooms, deluxe rooms and suites.