The Department of Psychiatry is a part of the medical hospital of VIMS & RC since 2001-02. It provides comprehensive care for all mental disorders across the life span. It functions like a General Hospital Psychiatry unit (GHPU) with co-ordination & referrals from and to all other departments. It also imparts training to undergraduates & post-graduates in Psychiatry. It has well qualified staff that has varied interests and vast experience. Apart from psychiatrists, the department consists of Clinical Psychologists, Psychiatric nurses & Social workers and thus follows a multidisciplinary approach for patient care & training. It also has an entire Rehabilitation wing attached that offers appropriate services.
The Department of Psychiatry in Vydehi Hospital is committed to provide exemplary clinical care, consultation services and treatment, both to inpatients and outpatients, along with crisis and emergency services. We understand the importance of good mental health and that it is an important part of overall physical well-being, and we work closely with other doctors, nurses, and therapists to ensure your optimal recovery. We venture to offer integrated, comprehensive psychiatric services that empower individuals to change their lives.
- Dr.F.A.Sattar Professor & Head
- Dr. Bhupender Chaudhary, Associate Professor
- Dr. Dr.Kiran Kumar K., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Md. Munnawar S. Hussain, Senior Resident
- Dr. Mridula P, Senior Resident
- Dr. Suhasini Das, Senior Resident
- Dr. Shashank B., Junior Resident
- Dr. Danish Hussain P., Junior Resident
- Dr. Raghul Raj P., Junior Resident
- Dr. Savitha M N., Junior Resident
- Dr. Manasa S., Junior Resident
- Dr. Sharnita P., Junior Resident
- Dr. Hari manasa B., Junior Resident
- Mr. Thilothama R., PSW