- Chandrashekar M, Sattar FA, Swapna Bondade S, Kiran Kumar K. A comparative study of different modalities of treatment in nicotine dependence syndrome. Asian J Psychiatr. 2015 Aug 5. pii: S1876-2018(15)00167-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ajp.2015.07.009
- Swapna B, Sudarshan CY, Shamshad B, Burden of caregivers in Bipolar Affective Disorder and Alcohol. Int J Biol med Res, 2012, 3(3),1992-7.
- Experiences of Stigma & Discrimination endured by people suffering from Schizophrenia. Dr. Santosh. L et.al, Indian Jr of Psychiatry Vol 50 (1) Jan- March 2008 39-46.
- A study of Psychiatric morbidity and Psychosocial factors associated with Adolescent suicide attempts. Dr. Pradeep V.
- Psychosocial factors and personality profile in Early onset and Late onset Typologies of Alcohol Dependence syndrome. Dr. Niharika Singh
- Spectrum of CT Scan Brain findings in patients with Mood Disorders.
- Proof of concept study : Tramadol in Major Depressive disorder.
- Psychiatric Morbidity in Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Dr. Danish Hussain P
- Psychiatric Morbidity in Bronchial Asthma. Dr. Shashank B.
- Metabolic Syndrome in patients with Schizophrenia: Relationship with socio-demographic and clinical variables. Dr. Raghul Raj P.
- Psychiatric morbidity in Postpartum women-A relationship between demographic, psycho-social and obstetric factors. Dr. Savitha MN.
- Volumetric Measurements of Hippocampus in MM using MRI. Dr. Manasa S.
- Psychosocial factors and Psychiatric morbidity in Female suicide attempters. Dr. Sharnita P.
- Detection of Psychiatric disorders in Pregnancy in Obstetric outpatient clinic. Dr. Manasa S.
- Psychosocial aspects of Deliberate Self Harm- A Prospective study. Dr. Hari Manasa
- Psychosocial aspects of Deliberate Self Harm- A Retrospective study. Dr. Hari Manasa
- Age at first onset of Psychiatric morbidity: A cross sectional study.
- Art and Psychiatry: An interesting case Indian Psychiatric Society-Karnataka Branch: June 2010
- A case of Kleine Levin Syndrome. Indian Psychiatric Society-Karnataka Branch: March 2011
- Mixed Anxiety Depressive disorder an overview for General Practitioners
- Sleep disorders an overview for shift workers in IT professionals.
- Management of stress- For General Health Practitioners.
- Management of Depression in General practice for General Health Practitioners.
- Eating disorders and obesity in IT professionals
The Department of Psychiatry conducts and takes part in various academic activities in VIMS & RC.
- Academic Society meetings on every third Friday of the month.
- Regular inter-departmental PG programmes.
- Attending and presenting cases at the monthly case conference of IPS-KB in IMA hall.
- Attending and presenting cases at the monthly case conference of Indian Psychiatric Society –Karnataka Branch
- Attending various PG CME programmes organized by the Indian Psychiatric Society.
- Lecture series for the Psychiatry PG students in the department
- 6.Regular Seminars/Journal club and case conferences to Psychiatry and Liaison PG’s in the department.
- Regular Seminars / Journal club and case conferences to PG’s in the department.
- Regular Seminars to Internee Medical Officers.