It is the speciality of Dentistry which is primarily concerned with:
- Diagnosis and non surgical medical management of ulserative, vesicolobullous lesions, pre malignant lesions oral cancer and salivary gland disorders.
- Non surgical management of medically related disorders conditions affecting oral and maxillofacial region.
- Oral care of medically complex patients receiving treatment for cancer, Diabetes, Infectious disease etc.,
- Diagnosis, conservative management of temporomandibular disorders and orofacial pain conditions.
- Investigations of etiology and pharmacologic management of oral diseases
- Research, clinical experience, evidence based results are integrated to aid in comprehensive diagnosis, and management of oral diseases which do not respond to conventional dental treatment
- Oral Management of Hospitalised patients with severe systemic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, uncontrolled diabetes mellitus and patients with malignancies
- Management of pharmacotherapeutics necessary for treatment of oral and systemic diseases.