Surgery / Allied Sciences
The Department of Ophthalmology have a comprehensive program of patient care that exposes patients to the latest therapies in eye care, a cutting-edge team of examiners who carry out both clinical trials and laboratory research.
The department offers both out-patient services and in-patient services. Our medical faculty is comprised of practitioners in each subspecialty area of Ophthalmology. Whether you need a routine eye exam or a refractive surgeon, there is doctor in our Department who ensure that all the patient receive excellent treatment.
The Department uses state-of-the-art procedures to provide patients with the best possible results and delivers expert care for a broad range of ocular disorders to children and adults alike. Moreover, as academic clinicians, our faculty works to develop new and better diagnostic and treatment modalities to advance the field of ophthalmology. We provide quality service and products to patients and provide solutions for difficult cases.
The Ophthalmology department at Vydehi hospital offers a wide range of outpatient, surgical and tertiary services for diseases of the eye and surrounding structures. The department has faculty trained in the various sub specialties and is setting up clinics in oculoplasty, cornea service, glaucoma service, pediatric ophthalmology, Cataract service and retina service. The service is personal and patients can choose which doctor they would like to see. The service is provided at no cost to the socio economically deprived on par with paying patients who are also growing in number. We offer the following services:
- Screening and treatment of children with delayed milestones, premature neonates and strabismus.
- Cataract extraction and IOL implantation free of cost to the poor,
- Phacoemulsification and IOL implantation
- Oculoplasty including management of lacrimal sac and orbital disorders
- Glaucoma diagnosis and treatment
- Screening and treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Angiography, Laser photocoagulation
- Management of simple retinal detachments
- Diagnosis and treatment of corneal disease and Eye banking
- Attached optician service and contact lens clinic