Services and Facilities
Services provided by the department
Dental health education to the public which motivates & empowers individuals to take responsibility for their own well being
- Dental health promotional services that are the essence of community health practice and the way to prevent the effect of health hazards on both the individual and the community.
- Topical fluoride applications using Acidulated phosphate fluoride gets which have been proven till and again to be the most effective measure to patient dental cares delay.
- Application of pit and fissure sealants a simple procedure that goes long way in protecting teeth from dental cares in children.
- School dental health programs an economical powerful means of raising community health in future generations.
- Dental services at the satellite centre at Kalkunte that include emergency care, dental extractions, fillings and sealing and polishing of teeth with dental health education and preventive measures.
- Dental checkup and treatment camps where various services are provided to the public at their doorstep either in their neighborhood, workplace or community areas
- Dental chairs
- Light care unit
- Pulp tester
- Mobile dental van with 2 fully equipped dental chairs
- Ultrasonic scales and an X-ray machine
- Satellite centre at Kalukunte with 3 dental chairs
- Health education museum with assorted chairs.