Facilities1. Histopathology: Routine reporting of specimens received from Operation Theater and from the out-patient departments. Regular Hematoxylin and Eosin (H&E) stains and also 'special' histochemistry stains like Ziehl-Neelsen, Wade-Fite, Congo Red and Periodic Acid Schiff (PAS) are employed. All reports are provided using the latest terminology and diagnostic criteria - oncology reports include staging using the AJCC staging system; relevant grading systems and prognostic indicators are used; for instance Gleason scoring for prostate cancer, modified Bloom- Richardson grade for breast cancer etc.
2. The cytology reporting includes body fluid cytology, cervical smearcytology using Papanicolaou (PAP) stain and Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) using H&E and May-Grunwald-Giemsa (MGG) stain. Histochemical stains are also employed as and when required. Pap smears are reported according to the 2001 Bethesda system. The pathologists in the department perform Fine Needle Aspiration both as routine procedures and also under radioiogic guidance.
3. In the field of hematology, Leishman stained slides of peripheral smears and bone marrow aspiration smears are reported. Haematology section is well equipped with automated analyzers for CBC, Reticulocyte, body fluids, ESR and Coagulation studies.
4.Clinical Pathology section is equipped with Urine auto analyzer and Immunofluorescence microscope for ANA testing.
Services provided to the patients
1. Routine H&E for biopsies and large specimens
2. Histochemistry - Ziehl-Neelsen, Wade-Fite, Periodic Acid Schiff, Congo Red, Verhoeff’s stain, Van Gieson stain, Alcian Blue, Reticulin stain, Perls stain etc.
3. Immunohistochemistry - ER, PR, Her2Neu, Vimentin, Cytokeratin, Desmin, Myoglobin, S100
4. Second opinion on slides / paraffin blocks
5. Autopsy pathology - clinical and medicolegal
6.Intraoperative consultation – frozen section
1. Cervical smears Cytology – Conventional and LBC
2. Body fluid cytology
3. Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology – routine
4.Second opinion on slides.
3. Ultrasound / CT guided FNAC and reporting.
1. CBC- automated
2. Peripheral blood smears reporting
3. Bone marrow aspiration smear reporting
4. Coagulation studies.
5. Second opinion/ Reviews.
5. Clinical pathology
1. Urine chemistry and microscopy - manual & automated
2. Semen analysis – routine and Sample preparation for IUI procedure.
3. ANA screening – Immunofluorescence microscopy.