A candidate seeking admission to MBBS shall have passed:
1. Two years P.U.C. Examination conducted by the P.U.C. Board, Karnataka State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as Optional subjects or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science. Or
2. Intermediate examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as compulsory subject.
3. First year of the three year degree course of recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is an 'University Examination'.
4. B.Sc., Examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc., Examination with not less than two of the following subjects :-Physics, Chemistry and Biology,English.
5. Any other examination which in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics , Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English Provided that :-
- In case of admission on the basis of qualifying examination to medical course a candidate must have obtained not less than 50 Percent marks in English and 50 Percent marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination.
- In case of admission on the basis of a competitive Entrance Examination to Medical course, a candidate must have obtained not less than 50 percent marks in English and 50 Percent marks in Physics,Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying examination.
However, in respect of Schedule Caste/ Scheduled Tribe and Category- 1 candidates, the minimum marks required for admission shall be 40% in lieu of 50% for general candidates.
The candidate should have completed 17 years on or before 31st day of December of the year of admission.
1. Every student shall undergo a period of certified study extending to Medical course, a candidate, must have over 41/2 academic years from the date of commencement of his study for the subject comprising the medical curriculum to the date of completion of the Examination followed by one year compulsory rotating Internship. The 41/2 years course has been divided into three Phases.
- Phase - I - 1 year, consisting of two terms of 6 months each.
- Phase - II - 1 1/2 years, consisting of three terms of 6 months each.
- Phase - III - 3 1/2 years, after Phase - 1, consisting of 7 terms.
2. The first year shall be occupied in the study, of the phase - 1(pre Clinical) subject of Human Anatomy(650 hours),Physiology including Bio Physics(480 hours), Bio Chemistry(240 hours) and Introduction to Community Medicine(60 hours). A detailed syllabus is given in Section IV A.
3. After passing pre-clinical subjects in Phase-I, the Phase -II, Shall be 3 terms(1 1/2 years) devoted to Para Clinical and Clinical subjects. Para Clinical Subjects, shall consist of Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine including Toxicology and part of Community Medicine.(Details of Syllabus will be circulated separately).
Every candidates should have 80 percent attendance of the total classes conducted in theory, practical and clinical separately in each calendar year calculated from the date of commencement of the term to the last working day as notified by the University in each of the subjects prescribed to be eligible to appear for the Examination.
The Principal should notify at the college the attendance details at the end of each term without fail under intimation to this university.
A candidate lacking in the prescribed attendance and progress in any one subject in theory & practical/clinical in the first appearance should not be permitted to appear for the examination.
Dr. Kalpaja D A
Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences And Research Centre,
#82,Nallurahalli,Near BMTC 18th Depot,
Whitefield, Bangalore - 560 066
Tel : 91-80-28412956, 30684500
Fax : 91-80-28416199
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org