- Scrappings for fungus/ parasites.
- Dark ground microscopy.
- Tissue/fluid smears – various staining techniques.
- Statining for AFB (Mycobacterum Leprae).
- Wood Lamp exam.
- Others.- Dermoscope
2. Departmental Library:
- Total No. of Books : 93
- Purchase of latest editions in last 3 years 72
VІ. Specialized services
- Chemical cauterization - Trichloroacetic acid, copper sulphate,
Silver nitrate & phenol- Available
- Electrical cauterization. Available
- Cryotherapy Liquid nitrogen cryo – Available.
- PUVA therapy. Whole body, Narrow band UVA & UVB
Chamber Available; Spot UVA & UVB
- Punch grafting Available
- CO2 Laser available
- Radio frequency surgery available
- Chemical peels
- Manual Dermabrasion
- Patch testing
- comedone / milia extraction
- Punch floatation/ subscision
- Special clinics
- Research projects
- Study of Dermatoglyphics in Vitiligo.
- Study of profile of Adverse Cutaneous drug reactions.
- Study of association of Acrochordons with systemic illnesses.
- Study of estimation of Serum Ferrittin levels in women of diffuse nonscarring hair loss.
- Study of Clinico-Histopathological and dermoscopic correlation of pigmented skin lesions.
- Study of clinical features and etiology of Pigmented Contact Dermatitis over face using patch tests
VІІ List of publications of the postgraduate/ faculty during last 03 (Three) years.
Dr. (Maj Gen) A.K. Jaiswal, Prof & HOD
- Contributed a chapter in the prestigious IADVL Textbook of Dermatology 3rd Edition. 2008 (Proof attached).
- Contributed a chapter in the prestigious IASSTD Textbook of Sexually Transmitted Diseases & AIDS 2nd Edition 2009 (Proof attached).
- Jaiswal AK, Subba Rao NT. Bilateral Lagophthalmus in Leprosy: Is it a rare phenomenon? Indian J Lepr 2010, 82:201-203 (Copy of article attached).
- Jaiswal AK, Subba Rao NT.A case of Leprosy with multiple cranial neuropathy mimicking Melkerson Rosenthal Syndrome. Indian J Lepr 2011; 83: 101-102 (Proof attached).
- Disseminated Superficial and Warty type of Porokeratosis: A rare coexistence. Accepted for publication in Indian J. Dermatol. 2010. (Proof attached).
- Contributed a chapter in the prestigious API Textbook of Medicine 9th Edition 2011 (In press) (Proof attached).
Dr. Rajendran S.C , Professor
- Omprakash HM , Rajendran SC. Botulinum Toxin Deaths: What is the fact? J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2008 Jul;1(2):95-7.
- Omprakash HM , Rajendran SC. Lymphangioma circumscriptum (Microcytic Lymphatic Malformation): Palliative Coagulation Using Radiofrequency Current. J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2008 Jul-Dec; 1(2):85-88.
- Rajendran SC , Omprakash HM. Standard guidelines for setting up a dermatosurgery theatre. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2009;75:76-82.
Dr.Bhanu Prakash, Associate Professor,
- Edited the book titled “Management Issues for a Dermatologist”. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.2009. (enclosure-4).
- Authored the chapter “Patient Satisfaction. Why and How?” in the book titled “Management Issues for a Dermatologist”. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.2009. 87-96.
- Singh Gurcharan, Prakash Bhanu. Commercial testing: Ethical and Scientific issues. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2010;76:701
- Prakash B. Patient satisfaction. J Cutan Aesthet Surg 2010, 3:151-5
- Prakash B. “The sad tale of look alike tablets”. Indian Dermatology Online Journal
Accepted for Publication:
- pharmacovigilance-scope for a dermatologist. Peer Review. Indian Journal of Dermatology.
- “Autocthonous Leprosy-Lest we forget. A case report. Letter to the Editor. Indian Journal of Leprosy.
- Authored the chapter “Patient Satisfaction in Cosmetology Practice” for the textbook to be published by Indian Association of aesthetic and cutaneous Dermatosurgeons
- Authored the Chapter “External quality Assessment – Accreditation” for the Text book to be published by Indian Assoication of Aesthetic and Cutaneous Dermatosurgeons
1. Topical immunotherapy with dinitro- chlorobenzene: Safety concerns in Indian journal of
dermatology, venereology and leprology 2009; 75(5): 513-514.
- The reliability of periodic acid-Schiff staining in the diagnosis of onychomycosis in Indian journal of dermatology, venereology and leprology 2009; 75(1): 73.
- Topical immunotherapy in alopecia areata in International journal of trichology 2010; 2(1); 36-39.